Dig Deeper: Apiary Bitters
Apiary Bitters offers a curious combination of floral and aromatic herbs to decongest, provide histamine support, and ease inflammation during allergy season.
Nettle, reishi, and goldenrod help to ease common allergy symptoms like itchy and watery eyes, sneezing, and congestion. Willow provides additional anti-inflammatory support, while wild bergamot helps to decongest and offers a warm-spice savory note to the blend.
Chicory root, artichoke leaf, and red clover blossom round out this formula and provide a deep-green herbaceous note that is both grounding and enlivening at the same time.
Try Apiary Bitters Today
To use: 2-3 dropperfuls on your tongue up to three times per day, before meals, in a gin martini or mezcal margarita, or in a glass of sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon.
Take these bitters at any sign of allergy symptoms or throughout the day for preventative support. You can also take 1-2 dropperfuls as a digestive aid, 15-20 minutes before a meal to ignite the digestive fire, helping with appetite regulation and digestive enzyme production.
Nettle Leaf — an herbal antihistamine, nettle is known for its stimulating sting when brushed against, but once processed by cooking or drying, it transforms, leaving the sting behind and activating its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits.
Goldenrod — Goldenrod helps ease allergy symptoms through the toning, drying, and antimicrobial actions upon the upper respiratory mucous membranes, combined with its eliminative actions. It is also rich in antioxidants, further supporting the body's innate resilience.
Chicory Root — Often roasted and blended with coffee, we use fresh raw chicory root in this blend to capture its bittersweet and earthy flavor. Rich in nourishing starches, and adds a demulcent and rich mouthfeel to the blend.
Reishi Mushroom — Reishi contains anti-inflammatory compounds that inhibit inflammation and histamine, the chemical responsible for allergic symptoms such as runny nose and watery eyes. As an immune modulator Reishi can help tame overactive immune states (like allergy states) and awaken underactive immune systems.
- Red Clover Blossom — Red Clover is an alterative, meaning it improves chronic conditions throughout the body over time by helping the body to assimilate nutrients and remove metabolic waste products. It's also relieving of tension and stress supporting moments of tension associated with allergy states.
- Artichoke Leaf — The primary bittering agent of the blend, artichoke leaf offers a bitter and herbaceous foundation to this formula while helping to stimulate digestive secretions while helping to enhance liver function and offering a host of antioxidants.
- Willow Bark — Known to help reduce inflammation and pain due to the presence of salicin. It also contains antiseptic, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties.
- Wild Bergamot — The aromatics and volatile oils of wild bergamot (also known as bee balm) make for an excellent decongestant, and the flavor offers a combination of warm spice, similar to thyme or oregano, and a hint of citrus.
Cautions: Consult your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant, taking diuretics, or are on a fluid restriction.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product does not intend to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.