Dig Deeper: Underworld Potion
“The dread and resistance which every natural human being experiences when it comes to delving too deeply into himself is, at bottom, the fear of the journey to Hades.” - C.G. Jung
Everyone has their own bedtime ritual. Some we partake in to resist the pull of sleep, others we cultivate to prepare us. Underworld Potion is formulated as an ally to initiate you into a place of rest and renewal.
A small dose supports a necessary unwinding from the day’s productive work and encourages a reflective transition into the realm of sleep, where we can turn away from the news of the world to steep in the dreamtime of the cosmos.
This potion is intended as an ally in your transition from wakefulness to sleep, and a guide through the depths of the underworld. In low doses this potion can also help to ground you in moments of intensity and stress.
Try our Underworld Potion Today
To use: before bed, 10-20 drops for a light initiation or 1-3 droppers full to encourage restful sleep.
Note: As the quality of sleep varies for every person, the dosage of this potion can also vary from person to person. Experiment with what works for you, keeping in mind that we do not recommend taking more than 3 droppers full (~3ml) before bed.
In context: Keep this tincture on your nightstand, to take before bed, to unwind at night, or keep in your bag to take in moments of intensity and stress.
- Passionflower (pictured above) — Helps to reset your circadian rhythm, passionflower nourishes the adrenals and aids in slowing down a racing mind.
- Skullcap — A highly safe and reliable mild sedative that helps with both insomnia and anxiety as well as rebuilding and restoring nerves thanks to its neurotrophorestorative qualities. Effective at unraveling circular thinking and worry.
- Valerian Root — A popular and potent nervine with sedating effects on the central nervous system. It has been used to treat a wide variety of nervous system conditions, insomnia, and mild pain. It is especially indicated when sleep is disrupted due to aches and pains within the body. The potent smell of this blend comes from valerian root.
- Chamomile — A popular tea beverage, chamomile is a mild sedative and gastric anti-inflammatory. Calming to the nerves, settling to the stomach, and helps to relieve GI cramping and expel gas. Adds a floral note to the blend, that, when combined with valerian and mugwort, yields an almost cinnamon taste.
- Fresh Milky Oats — Deeply nourishing to the nervous system, oats rich in silica, calcium, chromium and magnesium are a nutritive tonic to the nervous system, adrenals, and heart. They help to buffer the nerves from the stress and over-stimulation of daily life that can eventually lead to depression, low vitality and immunity.
- Mugwort — Integrated into this formula for its more esoteric abilities, Mugwort offers an awakening of intuition for reflective night work and evokes vivid dreams if taken just before bed.
— extracted in organic cane alcohol and local spring water
*Made with organically grown or ethically wildcrafted herbs from small farms we trust.
Cautions: Consult with your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant, or taking medications.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product does not intend to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.