Dig Deeper: Weather Feather
Weather Feather is here in the darkest hours of the year to bring lightness and encourage rest, healing, and a heightened immune response during times of compromised immunity. In other words: your go-to herbal ally during cold and flu season.
Boosts immune response with echinacea root and elderberry combined with the balancing powers of eleuthero and licorice root, and the warming qualities of ginger and cinnamon. A good one to keep in the medicine cabinet to use when your personal weather takes a turn.
Try our Weather Feather Potion Today
To use: Take 1-2 dropperfuls (2ml) 2-5 times per day by mouth or in a splash of water.
In context: Use this tincture for acute immune support: at first sign of a weather change—sniffles, tickle, in the throat, what have you—take 1-2 droppers full every 2-3 hours, up to 5 times per day. Stop use when the fog has lifted.
This one's a great staple for your medicine cabinet or at the office during cold and flu season, so you're prepared when the sniffles begin making their rounds. Also great to have on hand when traveling, if you use public transportation regularly, or are just generally around a lot of sniffly people (we're here for you teachers and parents).
- Echinacea Purpurea Root — General immune booster that also happens to increase saliva, which pH corrects the mouth and throat to support healthy boundaries against microbes and sickness. When saliva and a healthy mucosal layer coat the throat, microorganisms will have a harder time penetrating tissue and moving into the body.
- Elderberry (pictured above) — Elderberries are known to inhibit viral replication by inhibiting the virus's ability to invade healthy cells and multiply, so they are best consumed at the very first sign of illness or just after a known exposure to someone who is sick.
- Eleuthero Root — Indicated for those with fatigue, physical weakness, compromised immunity or poor work capacity and concentration. Displays anti-stress activity and supports physical endurance.
- Licorice Root — A demulcent that improves the health of the mucosal layer (immune barrier) and instantly soothes discomfort in the throat. Additionally soothes and protects the digestive tract to balance out other ingredients that prompt you to release stomach acid.
- Ginger Root — Mediates the immune and allergic response, warms the lungs, increases blood supply to the respiratory tract to bring in innate immunity and help resolve respiratory ailments.
Cassia Cinnamon Bark — A warming demulcent that helps to resolve nausea and promotes healthy circulation, has the ability to fight off viruses and pathogenic invasions and soothe sore and inflamed tissues such as a sore throat.
— extracted in organic cane alcohol and local spring water
*Made with organically grown or ethically wildcrafted herbs from small farms we trust.
Cautions: Consult with your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant, or taking medications.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product does not intend to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.