Initial Intake Consultations are 1 - 1.5 hour sessions, during which we will go in-depth into your health history so that we can develop a clear picture of where you are in your wellness journey. From here, we will begin to lay a foundation for your wellness journey by developing an integrated herbal, nutritional, and lifestyle protocol to support you in addressing your wellness goals.
After our initial intake consultation, you will receive written guidance via email within one week of our meeting that will include any lifestyle, herbal, nutritional, and dietary recommendations discussed. This protocol will include a custom herbal formula and/or tea blend I have prepared for you.
Ongoing Support Appointments are 45 minute sessions offered 4-6 weeks after the initial intake consultation and throughout the course of a package to see how the herbs are working with you, to answer any questions, and to make any adjustments to your initial recommendation. Beyond our first ongoing support appointment, these sessions allow us to check in on your progress, discuss any questions you may have, and explore new concerns and needs your body expresses as you journey through our work together and as the seasons shift.
Written Guidance / Herbal Protocols may include custom herbal tea blends, tinctures, and other preparations. This guidance may also include lifestyle changes, recipes, foods, movement, body work, meditation or reflection practices, and suggestions for how to integrate all practices and herbs into your routine. For each session, I devote roughly 3-5 hours to research related to everything discussed in our session to chose herbs and deliver suggestions that will best support you in your wellness journey.
I charge $125 for Initial Intake Consultations (90 minutes), and $75 for Ongoing Support Appointments (45 minutes). For most clients, I tend to recommend one or more sessions beyond our Initial Intake Consultation to deliver the most comprehensive herbal care possible. Toward this end, I offer consultation packages with discounted pricing for purchasing multiple appoinments at once. You are more than welcome to begin with just the Initial intake Consultation and first Ongoing Support Appointment at no discount if you prefer ($200 for both).
For those new to herbal care, seeking to get a sense of how they may integrate herbalism into their daily rituals, or for those familiar with herbal care, seeking to create a self-care plan related to anxiety & stress management, cold & flu support, or general wellness guidance.
This package includes:
(1) 90 minute Initial Intake Consultation
(2) 45 minute Ongoing Support Appointments
takes place over the course of 2-3 months.
Cost: $250 – ($25 discount)
For those seeking to deepen their connection and relationship with their bodies and our plant and fungal allies, or those seeking to dive in to more complex chronic conditions or wellness goals that require work across multiple overlapping body systems.
This package includes:
(1) 90 minute Initial Intake Consultation
(4) 45 minute Ongoing Support Appointments
takes place over the course of 4-6 months.
Cost: $375 – ($50 discount)
To book an appointment, please click the link below. This link will bring you to our booking page, where you will be asked to choose a consultation package, meeting time for our first consultation, and to briefly describe the primary issues and wellness goals you’d like to address through our work together. There is no payment due at booking.
After you choose your package, please book your 'Initial Intake Consultation' to schedule our first appointment. Once Alex has received your booking request, he will send you an invoice which must be paid prior to your first session. Payment plans are available.
• A 1.5 - hour initial intake consultation with herbalist Alex Williams
• Several hours of research outside of our consultation to formulate and prepare your protocol
• A personalized protocol and customized herbal formulas tailored to your specific situation
• 1 - 4 ongoing support appointments to check in and make any adjustments to your protocol (based upon package chosen)
• Ongoing email support (within the limitations of our Email & Phone Policy)
• Case details may be shared with 2 - 3 herbal mentors for professional development purposes only with your consent.
• Package does not include the cost of herbs & supplements. An invoice for your custom formulations will be included alongside your protocol and shipped after payment of herbs is received.
• I comply with HIPAA standards. Your files and any other information you provide will be kept in HIPAA-secure online spaces. Our virtual meeting takes place via a HIPAA-secure online virtual room.
• Payment plans are available. Please let me know if you are interested in a payment plan upon booking.
• Individual consultations can be added at an additional cost on a case by case basis.
1. Sign up for Practice Better - Along with your invoice, you will receive an invitation to join Alex's secure client management system, Practice Better. It's free and this platform will give you access to the forms and video conferencing tools needed to conduct the consultation.
2. Complete Forms Online - You will be sent two forms to complete before we meet (an informed consent form, and a confidential health history form), which will be stored securely and shared with an herbal mentor only with your consent. These forms must be submitted 48 hours prior to your consultation in order to keep your appointment.
3. Initial Intake Consultation - During our 1.5 hour initial consultation, we will go in-depth into your health history so that we can develop a clear picture of where you are in your wellness journey. From here, we will begin to lay a foundation for your wellness journey by developing an integrated herbal, nutritional, and lifestyle protocol to support you in addressing your wellness goals.
4. Receive Herbal Protocol - After your session, I devote several hours to go over your case, research, and develop an herbal and lifestyle protocol for you. You will receive this written guidance through Practice Better about a week after our consultation.
5. Purchase Herbs / Supplements - The cost of herbs is not included in your visit. An invoice for your custom formulations will be included along with your protocol and shipped after payment of herbs is received.
6. Ongoing Support Appointments - After you receive your recommendations, you will be invited to book your subsequent ongoing support appointments with Alex to check in and see how the herbs are working with you, and make any changes to your protocol.
~ If you are ready to book, please request a consultation package using the 'book now' link below! ~
In Person Sessions: If you are in Chicago, and would prefer to meet in-person, I offer in-person consultations. For in-person consultations, my home office is located up a flight of stairs. If this is inaccessible to you, please consider a virtual consultation.
Virtual Sessions: I also offer remote online sessions for those who live far away or would prefer not to meet in person at this time. Once you book your package and create an account through Practice Better, you will receive a link to my online consultation room. For virtual consultations you will need a stable internet connection with video capabilities, and a private place to meet during the consultation.
Cancellation Policy: Once you have booked an appointment, I have the time reserved for you in my schedule exclusively for you. Cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to your appointment will be rescheduled without penalty. If you cancel your appointment less than 48 hours prior to your appointment or do not show up to your appointment, you forfeit this consultation booking and no refunds or rescheduling for that missed appointment will be available. See all additional policies, including our refund policy, by following the link in the footer section below.